Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fabric necklaces

This was a super easy and fun project. I got the instructions from HERE. I love looking at other craft blogs and finding cute crafts that don't cost me much.

I just pulled out random fabric that I had stashed away and it worked. I think most any kind of fabric would be cute... It just makes it unique in its own way!
I made Satin pom pom flowers and circle flowers. I just melted the edges of every petal to avoid fraying.
I also hot glued a broach pin to the flower along with a hair clip so that I can take it on and off and where it either on my necklace, shirts, hair, or belts. They are SO versatile! I love that!


Here are my flowers the at I made all at once so I can switch them out and have different colors to add to my plain colored necklace. This way it will match EVERYTHING!

I also made this bib necklace the same way but hot glued all these flowers to felt and then glued it to the necklace.
I also made earings and bracelets to match.  In order to do the earings you will need:
earing pieces, 2 beads (any size you want), and the metal wire you use to make earings.
Twist the wire around the earing pieces and add a bead.
Sew a small casing about 10 inches long. Tie a knot at one end and drop bead in.
Tie the last knot just below the earing piece and tighten as tight as you can.
Cut at each end. and burn edges to prevent fraying. And there you have it!