Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BABY SHOES

Lots and Lots of....... SHOES!!


 I bought a shoe pattern at Hobby Lobby (I always get patterns when they have their $1.99 pattern sale) and made my first pair. These weren't easy but once I finished one pair, I went crazy and made a bunch of shoes - as you can see. The cost to make these is SOOO cheap. It probably takes 1/4 yard of fabric total. (1/8 for inside of shoe, 1/8 for outside). Oh and it calls for a lining to put in the middle... and I just used the same fabric I used for the outside. They are soft and comfortable for your little ones.


I always had a hard time finding baby shoes that looked comfortable. It was also hard because I didn't want to spend 15-20 dollars on shoes that were actually comfortable when she wasn't even walking. So you can imagine how fun this can get when you have so many different selections of fabric in the store to pick for your little girl's shoes. (or boys- they have boy patterns). 



Another fun thing is to buy the Gripper fabric and sew those on to the bottom of the shoes. So when your baby starts walking, they are practically in their bare feet, but covered and not slipping.